Rara lake Jeep tour is getting popular day by day among the nature lovers and since the roads have been built all the way to Lake, now we can organize Rara Lake tour by 4 WD Jeep all the way from Kathmandu to Rara Lake. We are offering this tour at a reasonable price for those foreigners who would like to visit one of the prettiest lakes in Nepal. Rara Lake is sits in the far northwestern part of Nepal is the biggest lake in Nepal. Rara Lake is at an altitude of 2990 m, surrounded by beautiful green hills. The number of tourists visiting this iconic Rara Lake in western Nepal has swelled tremendously after the Surkhet-Jumla section of Karnali Highway was completed. We can enjoy boating in clear waters, hike to nearby hills with breathtaking views of hills and mountains. More than 500 different kinds of flowers, 20 different species of mammals and 214 species of birds can be observed at Rara National Park.
Rara Lake Jeep Tour
- Visit the largest and crystal clear Lake of western Nepal which size is approx 13 kilometers.
- Exploring tranquil Rara Lake, stunning Himalayan panoramas, authentic villages and culture, several species of rhododendrons, Blue pine, herbs, marshlands, and tussock grasslands inhabit the area surrounding the lake
Day 01Drive Kathmandu - Surkhet. Overnight at Surkhet.
Day 02Drive Surkhet - Kalikot. Overnight at Kalikot.
Day 03Drive Kalikot - Rara. Overnight at Rara.
Day 04Rara Lake Excursion. Overnight at Rara.
Day 05Drive Rara - Kalikot. Overnight at Kalikot.
Day 06Drive Kalikot - Surkhet. Overnight at Surkhet.
Day 07Drive Surkhet - Kathmandu and our Rara Lake Tour ends.
- Reserve private jeep from Kathmandu to Rara and back to Kathmandu.
- 6 nights’ accommodation in twin sharing room.
- 7 Breakfasts, 7 Lunches and 6 Dinners.
- Personal expenses.
- Bar, Beverages and mineral water.
- Travel insurance.
- Any sightseeing, boating, horse riding or any other personal excursion cost.
- Tips to driver.
- Any cost incurred due to natural disaster like: landslide, earthquake, political unrest has to be paid by client themselves.
Trip cost: Please send us an inquiry and let us know how many of you are there in your group to do this tour; we will provide you all the necessary information with the cost details and itinerary as per your requirements and group size.
If above Rara Lake Jeep tour itinerary couldn't meet your needs, we can design a tailor-made itinerary to suit your needs. It is also possible to combine with some other activities such as Jungle safari, white water rafting and Everest flight.
Recommended Equipment list for Rara Lake Jeep tour :
- Duffel or Rucksack bag (where you can put all your stuffs)
- Daypack (this is for you to carry during the tour, where you can put your passport, camera, money, water etc.)
- Walking shoes
- Walking pants
- Waterproof jacket or raincoat (Only if you are travelling during May to September)
- Full - sleeves shirt (If you are comfortable with)
- Jumper or pile jacket
- T - shirts (4 pieces)
- Woolen socks (only in winter: December to mid February)
- Sun hat
- Sun block for lips
- Sun lotion
- Thermal Long underwear (only in winter: December to mid February)
- Sewing kit
- Medical & first aid kit
- Flash light
- Batteries and bulbs
- Swiss army knife (Optional)
- Personal toiletries and medication which should be labeled
- Swim suit