Landlocked, top of the world, Nepal is not only famous for trekking, hiking and climbing in the high mountains but is also great place for the honey hunting trips. Honey hunting is the real and frequent activity of indigenous gurung and Magar community in Bhujung and pasgaon for honey hunting still continues in many rural villages of Nepal while offering high tourism potential.
“The honey hunters are a tribe of Mongol in Nepal who follow the tradition of honey hunting, a tradition passed down since generations. The bees are driven away from the honeycomb by smoke. Besides being an economic activity harvesting cliff honey, honey hunting also involves special rituals and satisfies the leisure requirements of isolated mountain people. Hunting cliff honey is a dangerous activity and most of the cliffs are named and remembered by the names of honey hunters who died during honey harvesting. This culture does not allow the total eradication of bee nests but rather supports the sustainable presence and multiplication of cliff bees.”
Honey Hunting Tour Package: Itinerary
Day 1: Arrive at Kathmandu airport and transfer to hotel.
Day 2: Sight-seeing of Kathmandu: Full day’s sightseeing in Kathmandu valley includes the Hindu temple complex at Pashupatinath (a UNESCO World Heritage Site) & the biggest Buddhist Stupa at Boudhanath. Also visit Monkey Temple the Swyambhunath (2000 years old temple) and visit Patan city of fine arts. Return to the hotel.
Day 3: Kathmand to Khudi: after 4 hour drive from Kathmandu, you will arrive Vimal Nagar where you can visit siddha cave (the biggest cave in Asia) after that 3 hour drive to Khudi. In the evening, slight show programme about cliff honey hunting. Overnight in Khudi.
Day 4: Khudi to Base camp Village. Starts trek for Honey hunting village site; you can see many natural seen on the way. Welcome by villagers and Gurung culture dances after dinner.
Day 5: After working 2, 3 hour for honey hunting site, you will see Honey hunting, Honey hunter pray before they start, viewing the heart thrilling honey hunting programme at cliff. Return back to Base camp village.
Day 6: Trek back to Khudi: The stream invites you to swim at natural swimming pool. Working through the bank of Marshyangdi River. Overnight at Khudi
Day 7: Khudi to Kathmandu: Drive back to Kathmandu it will take about 7 hour drive to Kathmandu.
- Airport / Hotel / Airport pick up & drop by private car/van/bus
- Hotels in Kathmandu on bed and breakfast basis
- Guided Kathmandu Valley Sightseeing tour with English speaking Tour guide
- All meals during trekking 3 meals a day (Breakfasts, Lunches and Dinners)
- All camping equipment if necessary, otherwise local guest houses
- Government Licensed holder English speaking Trekking Guides and Porters during the trek
- Food, accommodation, salary, insurance, equipment and medicine for all trekking staff.
- Group medical supplies (First Aid medical kit will be available)
- National park or Conservation Area Permit.
- TIMS (Trekking Information Management System) Card for related region
- All local Transportation from and to Kathmandu by Tourist bus/Private Car/Van.
- Meals whilst in Kathmandu
- All kind of drinks (Alcoholic, hot and cold drinks)
- Dessert, chocolates, personal shopping, laundry, telephone call, internet. Camera battery charging
- Personal Trekking Equipment.
- Personal travel and medical insurance
- Tips for trekking staff (Tipping is expected).
- Sightseeing/Monument entrance fees.
- Any kind of personal expense / Helicopter rescue
- Any others expenses which are not mentioned on Price Includes section
Cost Information: Please send us a quick inquiry.
Note: The above information is just a guide and standard pattern of what we provide. The trip can be tailored at your request to accommodate your specific requirements. On adventure trips of this type, weather, transport or a multitude of other factors beyond our control can result in a change of itinerary. It is, however, very unlikely that the itinerary would be substantially altered; if alterations are needed the person in charge will make a decision what is the best alternative, taking into consideration the best interests of the whole group. Where a change does arise, we do everything we can to reduce its effect, but we cannot be liable for the results of changes or delays.
Nepal Visa info
Visa for Nepal, you can obtain a visa easily upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport (TIA) in Kathmandu. Please kindly bring two passport size photos and passport copy along with you. (Tourist Visa with Multiple Entry for 30 days can be obtained by paying US $ 40 or equivalent foreign currency. Similarly, Tourist Visa with Multiple Entry for 90 days can be obtained by paying US $ 100. If you need more info on visa for Nepal then please kindly feel free to ask with us or browse our Nepal info page.