Marshyangdi River Rafting
We run the Marshyangdi river rafting expedition, local says that Marshyangdi is the raging river in Nepal and describes one of the best whitewater runs in the world. Marshyangdi River is one of the best grade four kayaking rivers in the world; continuous, exhilarating whitewater with magnificent mountain backdrops. This is also recommended for expert kayakers and rafters.
If it's an adventure you seek, you'll find it on this trip with one day of easy trekking and five days of intense rafting. Only recently opened for commercial rafting (many rapids have not been named yet), the Marshyangdi is one of the next generations of rivers in Nepal, steeper and with a much more continuous stretch of rapids.
- Grade for Autumn Oct – Dec 3 to 5
- Grade for Spring Feb – May 3 to 4
- Possible operation Autumn & Spring
- Departure Fix and on request
- Rafting days 05 days (Kathmandu to Kathmandu)
- 04 days (Pokhara to Pokhara)
- Entrance by 8 hours drive to Bensi Sahar for km. drive from Ktm.
- Put-in point Nagdi
- Put-out point Bimal Nagar
- River distance 47 km.
- Optional trips to Drive to Royal Chitwan National Park or trekking to
Annapurna region or drive back to Kathmandu
- Numbers of pax Minimum 2 persons
Day 01Drive from Kathmandu to Bensishar:
Day 02Trek start from Khudi to Ngadi:
Day 03Start adventure-rafting trip from Khudi:
Day 04Camp on the banks in the cave of a Shiva temple:
Day 05Final Day:
- Ground Transportation, (From Kathmandu tourist bus after rafting Local bus).
- Meals, Western and continental food (breakfast, lunch, dinner) during your rafting trip.
- River Permit.
- Necessary equipment as high quality self-bailing rafts, lifejackets, helmets, plastic paddles, wetsuits (only during the winter) on certain rivers, dry bag for gear, camera barrels and all safety and medical equipment.
- Necessary Staffs (Guide, Helpers, Cook etc).
- Tented accommodation in beautiful river beach with camp fire.
- Safety Kayak.
- Food, accommodation, insurance for all staff and their transportation.
- Expedition elements include professional guides and leadership
- First aid kid box.
- Mineral water, cold drinks and alcoholic beverages during the whole trip.
- Hotel accommodations & meals at if you stay anywhere at the hotel during whole trip.
- Emergency evacuation.
- Things of personal use.
- Member insurance.
- Private Transportation (If you want extra US$150 up 5 people).
- International Airport pick up drop (if you order we can arrange).
- All Airfare
- Tips to Staffs.
- Sleeping bag (NRS.50 per night).
Note: Rafting itinerary can be changed as per the different situations.
- Swimwears for on the river.
- Warm clothing for the evenings including a fleece or a pullover.
- Sunscreen and lip protector.
- Sunglasses (with retaining device) and/or a cap.
- Towel and Toiletries (environmentally friendly is best).
- Personal medication.
- Reading book.
- Fishing hook.
Nepal Visa info
Visa for Nepal, you can obtain a visa easily upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport (TIA) in Kathmandu. Please kindly bring two passport size photos and passport copy along with you. (Tourist Visa with Multiple Entry for 30 days can be obtained by paying USD40 or equivalent foreign currency. Similarly, Tourist Visa with Multiple Entry for 90 days can be obtained by paying USD 100. If you need more info on a visa for Nepal then please kindly feel free to ask with us or browse our Nepal info page.
Our website contains as much information as possible about this trip. However, if you have any questions regarding the trip, please feel free to contact us. We answer all inquiries within 24 hours. If you want to book a trip, you can send us an email or contact us directly by phone: 0977 98510 36844 (Ram Kumar Adhikari).
Talk to Leader
Mr. Ram Kumar Adhikari