Manaslu Expedition (8,163m)
Mt. Manaslu lies in the western part of Nepal. It rises to 8163 m above sea level. It was first climbed by Toshio Imanishi (Japan) on 9 May 1956. Its name comes from the Sanskrit word manasa, meaning intellect or soul. It is the same root word as that for Manasarover, the holy lake near Mt. Kailash in Tibet.
The first survey of the peak was made by a Japanese expedition in 1952. A Japanese team made the first serious attempt at the peak from the Budhi Gandaki valley in 1953. When another team followed in 1954, the villagers of Samagaon told them the first team had been responsible for an avalanche that destroyed a monastery and refused to let the 1954 expedition climb. Despite a large donation for the rebuilding of the monastery, subsequent Japanese expeditions, including the one that made the first ascent in 1956.
- Necessary accommodations in Kathmandu on bed and breakfast basis.
- Surface transportation will be provided as per itinerary.
- Complete camping equipment for trekking and expedition.
- Food during trekking and Expedition for Member & Staff.
- Expedition Permit, National Park fee and TIMS card.
- All staff during the trekking and Expedition with Experience Guide (base camp Manager).
- Above mention staffs daily wages, equipment allowance & Insurance.
- Dining tent, toilet tent, table and chares, Mattresses for expedition sharing with other member.
- Emergency Oxygen- Mask and regulator (If client uses then they have to pay full of cost).
- Satellite phone is available with guide if you want to call.
- Gamo Bag (life saving device in case of altitude sickness) sharing with group member.
- Solar panel for light and charges batteries in Base Camp.
- One member has one tent for base camp during climbing period.
- One summiteers climbing Shrepa per Person.
- Oxygen (24 litters) with mask and regulators
- Oxygen for climbing sherpa.
- We provide Sherpa's tents, food for climbing, and all insurances.
- Ice falls charges.
- Base camp cook, cook helper and one Base Camp guide.
- Dining tent, shower tent, table and chairs Base Camp.
- All tent and high altitude food for sherpa and member.
- Farewell Dinner.
- Liaison Officer.
- Our service charges.
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu.
- Alcoholic beverages, Nepal visa fee.
- Emergency rescue evacuation if required & Personal accident insurance or Helicopter rescue. Extra luggage & personal climbing gears.
- Personal nature expenses.
- Extra night Hotel in Kathmandu.
- Waki talkies &Filming permit.
- Nepal custom duty for import of expedition goods.
- Assistance for Cargo clearance (Custom duty fees to be paid by clients)
- Personal equipment & Insurance.
Cost: Contact us
Talk to Leader
Mr. Ram Kumar Adhikari