Makalu Expedition (8463m)
We organize Makalu Expedition (8463m), our expedition to Makalu lead by extremely experienced and well trained Sherpa climbers and leaders. Mount Makalu, situated in the heart of the eastern Himalayas, Mt Makalu is the fifth highest peak in the world. There are seven valleys radiating from mount Makalu. These valleys, particularly the Barun valley, are the home of pristine forests and alpine meadows of Nepal.
The Himalaya rise to the height of 8.463 m. from the bottom of the Arun valley, at just about 435m above sea level, within this wide range of altitudes and climates, the Makalu-Barun area contains some of the richest and most diverse flora and fauna of Nepal. Diverse ethnic communities of Rai, Sherpa, and Shingsawa (Bhotia), etc… have nestled the lower reaches of these valleys. These communities are economically poor and isolated but they are rich in cultural heritage. They are the leaders of the Makalu-Barun region for preserving the unique biological and cultural treasures. Covering 2.330 sq km, Makalu-Barun is situated to the west of Sagarmatha (Mount Everest) National Park to the west. Due to its relative inaccessibility, the majority of the visitors know a little about it, however, those who have visited can go with an unforgettable experience to their homeland.
- Necessary accommodations in Kathmandu on bed and breakfast basis.
- Surface transportation will be provided as per itinerary.
- Complete camping equipment for trekking and expedition.
- Food during trekking and Expedition for Member & Staff.
- Expedition Permit, National Park fee, and TIMS card.
- All staff during the trekking and Expedition with Experience Guide (base camp Manager).
- Above mention staff daily wages, equipment allowance & Insurance.
- Dining tent, toilet tent, table and chares, Mattresses for expedition sharing with other members.
- Emergency Oxygen- Mask and regulator (If the client uses then they have to pay full of cost).
- A satellite phone is available with a guide if you want to call.
- Gamo Bag (life-saving device in case of altitude sickness) sharing with group members.
- Solar panel for light and charges batteries in Base Camp.
- One member has one tent for base camp during the climbing period.
- One summiteer climbing Sherpa per Person.
- Oxygen (24 litters) with mask and regulators
- Oxygen for climbing sherpa.
- We provide Sherpa's tents, food for climbing, and all insurances.
- Icefalls charges.
- Base camp cook, cook helper and one Base Camp guide.
- Dining tent, shower tent, table and chairs Base Camp.
- All tent and high altitude food for sherpa and member.
- Farewell Dinner.
- Liaison Officer.
- Our service charges.
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu.
- Alcoholic beverages, Nepal visa fee.
- Emergency rescue evacuation if required & Personal accident insurance or Helicopter rescue. Extra luggage & personal climbing gears.
- Personal nature expenses.
- Extra night Hotel in Kathmandu.
- Waki talkies &Filming permit.
- Nepal custom duty for import of expedition goods.
- Assistance for Cargo clearance (Custom duty fees to be paid by clients)
- Personal equipment & Insurance.
Cost: Please contact us.
Talk to Leader
Mr. Ram Kumar Adhikari