Makalu Expedition (8463m)
We organize Makalu Expedition (8463m), our expedition to Makalu lead by extremely experienced and well trained Sherpa climbers and leaders. Mount Makalu, situated in the heart of the eastern Himalayas, Mt Makalu is the fifth highest peak in the world. There are seven valleys radiating from mount Makalu. These valleys, particularly the Barun valley, are the home of pristine forests and alpine meadows of Nepal.
The Himalaya rise to the height of 8.463 m. from the bottom of the Arun valley, at just about 435m above sea level, within this wide range of altitudes and climates, the Makalu-Barun area contains some of the richest and most diverse flora and fauna of Nepal. Diverse ethnic communities of Rai, Sherpa, and Shingsawa (Bhotia), etc… have nestled the lower reaches of these valleys. These communities are economically poor and isolated but they are rich in cultural heritage. They are the leaders of the Makalu-Barun region for preserving the unique biological and cultural treasures. Covering 2.330 sq km, Makalu-Barun is situated to the west of Sagarmatha (Mount Everest) National Park to the west. Due to its relative inaccessibility, the majority of the visitors know a little about it, however, those who have visited can go with an unforgettable experience to their homeland.
Day 01Arrive at Kathmandu airport, transfers to hotel.
Day 02-3Rest and sightseeing.
Day 04Fly from Kathmandu to Tumlingtar(920m), trek to Manebhanjyang(1100m), five hours walking. Overnight at local guest house.
Day 05Trek from Manebhanjyang to Kuwapani(1420m), four and half hours walking. Overnight in tents.
Day 06Trek from Kuwapani to Num (1800m), six hours walking. Overnight in tents.
Day 07Trek from Num to Sheduwa (1510m), five hours walking. Overnight in tents.
Day 08Trek from Sheduwa to Tashigaon (2070m), four hours walking. Overnight in tents.
Day 09Trek from Tashigaon to Khongma (3760m), six hours walking. Overnight in tents.
Day 10Trek from Khongma to Sanopokhari (1710m), four hours walking. Overnight in tents.
Day 11Trek from sanopokhari to Mumbuk (3550m), five hours walking. Overnight in tents.
Day 12Trek from Mumbuk to Yangle Kharka (3600m), four hours walking. Overnight in tents.
Day 13Trek from Yangle Kharka to Hillary Base Camp (4800m), six hours walking. Overnight in tents.
Day 14Trek from Hilarry Base Camp to Makalu Base Camp (4870m) overnight in tents.
Day 15-45Climbing Period(summit makalu 8463m)
Day 46Preparation to returning (Cleaning up Base Camp)
Day 47Trek from Base Camp to Yak Kharka(3600m), five hours walking. Overnight in tents.
Day 48Trek from Yak Kharka to Mumbuk(3550m), five hours walking and overnight in tents.
Day 49Trek from Mumbuk to Tashi Gaon(3420m), five hours walking. Overnight in tents.
Day 50Trek from Tashi Gaon to Num (1800m), five hours walking and overnight in tents.
Day 51Trek from Num to Chichira (1615m) five hours walking and overnight in tents.
Day 52Trek from Chichira to Tumlingtar via Khandbari (920m), six hours walking overnight in a lodge.
Day 53Early in the morning fly from Tumlingtar to Kathmandu (1350m) and transfer to selected hotel.
Day 54Free day in Kathmandu, evening farewell dinner with culture show.
Day 55Transfer to airport for final departure.
- Necessary accommodations in Kathmandu on bed and breakfast basis.
- Surface transportation will be provided as per itinerary.
- Complete camping equipment for trekking and expedition.
- Food during trekking and Expedition for Member & Staff.
- Expedition Permit, National Park fee, and TIMS card.
- All staff during the trekking and Expedition with Experience Guide (base camp Manager).
- Above mention staff daily wages, equipment allowance & Insurance.
- Dining tent, toilet tent, table and chares, Mattresses for expedition sharing with other members.
- Emergency Oxygen- Mask and regulator (If the client uses then they have to pay full of cost).
- A satellite phone is available with a guide if you want to call.
- Gamo Bag (life-saving device in case of altitude sickness) sharing with group members.
- Solar panel for light and charges batteries in Base Camp.
- One member has one tent for base camp during the climbing period.
- One summiteer climbing Sherpa per Person.
- Oxygen (24 litters) with mask and regulators
- Oxygen for climbing sherpa.
- We provide Sherpa's tents, food for climbing, and all insurances.
- Icefalls charges.
- Base camp cook, cook helper and one Base Camp guide.
- Dining tent, shower tent, table and chairs Base Camp.
- All tent and high altitude food for sherpa and member.
- Farewell Dinner.
- Liaison Officer.
- Our service charges.
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu.
- Alcoholic beverages, Nepal visa fee.
- Emergency rescue evacuation if required & Personal accident insurance or Helicopter rescue. Extra luggage & personal climbing gears.
- Personal nature expenses.
- Extra night Hotel in Kathmandu.
- Waki talkies &Filming permit.
- Nepal custom duty for import of expedition goods.
- Assistance for Cargo clearance (Custom duty fees to be paid by clients)
- Personal equipment & Insurance.
Cost: Please contact us.
Talk to Leader
Mr. Ram Kumar Adhikari