Lhasa Everest base camp trek begins with a scenic flight to Lhasa with spectacular mountain views and Tibetan landscape. We spend three nights in Lhasa, a Buddhist Capital visiting the beautiful and famous Potala Palace, the Jokhang, great monasteries and walk through the bustling Barkor bazaar before taking drive towards Old Tingri. At Lhasa Everest base camp trek, we drive through central Tibet via Yamdrok Tso (Turquoise lake), to the historical towns of Gyantse and Shigatse. From Old Tingri we start our adventure trekking to Everest base camp. Trekking through Tibetan villages crossing numerous stunning passes we reach Everest base camp from where the majestic view of Mt. Everest is breathtaking. After exploring the world’s highest Base camp, we drive back to Lhasa to fly Kathmandu or Chengdu/Beijing.
Lhasa Everest Base Camp Trek
Day 01Arrive in Lhasa by Train or by Flight:
Day 02Lhasa sightseeing:
Day 03Lhasa Sightseeing:
Day 04Lhasa/Yamdrok-tso lake/Gyantse:
Day 05Gyangtse/Shigatse/Old Tingri:
Day 06Trek to Lungthang:
Day 07Trek to Lamna La:
Day 08Trek to Zommug:
Day 09Trek to Rongbuk:
Day 11Sakya to Lhasa:
- Accommodation on twin sharing BB basis during tour as per hotel plan.
- Two men a tent with foam & thermal mattress, dinning tent, kitchen tent, toilet tent, expert Cook & Sherpa during camping.
- Freshly cooked vegetarian full board meals, continental: - any meals Chinese, Tibetan, and western style.
- All the sightseeing tours of main cities in Tibet including Lhasa by an experienced English Speaking tour guide inclusive of private vehicle and all entrance fees.
- Experienced and friendly English speaking Tibetan guide during tour.
- Supporting Van and truck,
- Chinese visa fees, Tibet Travel Permit and Monastery entrance fees
- Basic first aid Medical kit bag
- Required number of crew during the tour.
- Enough Oxygen cylinder entire of tour
- Yaks and Yak-men to carry baggage, food, fuel etc while trekking.
- Lunch and Dinner in cities.
- Your Travel insurance.
- All kind of cold drink like alcoholic and mineral water, Coke, Fanta, Juice etc...
- Hot and cold shower during the mountain.
- Personal shopping and laundry etc.
- Personal trekking Equipments.
- Tips for trekking staff and driver.
- Food on the trip
While staying in cities, every day's breakfast is included in the package. This will be a dish of Tibetan or continental origin cooked by the lodgings you stay at. Lunch, dinner and any extra food are up to you; as a rough guide, budget Yuan 95 to Yuan 150 (US$15 to US$20) per day.
During the camping, your cook will provide 3 tasty, plentiful and nutritious meals daily with a variety of local and Western dishes. To start the day, breakfast consists of a choice of porridge, muesli and cereal followed by omelets, fried or scrambled eggs with chapattis or bread. Lunch is generally a selection of salad, cooked vegetable dishes, pasta and traditional breads. After a long day on the trail, dinner is a hearty 3 course meal - soup, followed by a variety of vegetable, meat, rice and pasta dishes and completed with a simple dessert. Tea, coffee and hot chocolate are also provided at all meals. We use as much fresh produce as possible and our cooks and kitchen crew maintain exceptional standards of cleanliness and food preparation hygiene. Special dietary requirements can always be catered for.
- Clothing & Equipment
During the day a light shirt or jumper and lightweight pants will be suitable, but a warm fleece or down jacket is recommended for the evenings. Sleeping bags for trip also highly recommended. Comprehensive list of equipments will be provided by Alpine Eco Trek once you book your trip.
Keep in mind that you are traveling overland to highest plateau in the world; the drive goes constantly above 5000m during your journey except Lhasa (3,650m). Driving fast in such an elevation could cause medical conditions (Acute Mountain Sickness) which could be fatal. There is 50% less oxygen compared to sea level in high-altitudes places like in Tibet. The higher the altitude the less is the oxygen in air. Your body needs few days to acclimatize to this less oxygen environment. Although we provide enough information regarding AMS precaution matters, if you get AMS, we do not have other options to treat it other than medication. We advise specially the guest(s) with known heart or lungs or blood diseases to consult their doctor before traveling. Mild headaches, fever, loss of appetite or stomach disorder are symptoms of AMS.
- Guide and Staffs arrangements
Throughout your time in Tibet you will be accompanied by an experienced English speaking Tibetan guide who will not only act as an interpreter but will also provide valuable insights into the Tibetan way of life. All our Tibet trips are run in cooperation with our Tibetan counterpart, so you can be assured that authentic local touch.
- Rescue & Evacuation
In case of a serious sickness or a casualty, which we hope will not happen; you shall be transferred to the nearest hospital. Since you are entirely liable for all the expenses incurred in evacuation please make sure that it is covered by your insurance before assigning for it or be prepared to pay on your own.
Before joining a tour, we recommend you to take a travel insurance which should cover cancellation, medical expenses and emergency repatriation.