Kathmandu to Lhasa Tour via Everest Base Camp tour is a thrilling and delightful journey to experience the beauty of Tibetan landscape and to understand the rich culture of its people. This 10 days adventure journey begins from medieval Kathmandu followed by Kerung, Tingri, Shegar then the base camp of the world’s highest peak, Mt. Everest followed by visits to Shigatse, Gyantse and finally to Lhasa. During our Kathmandu to Lhasa Tour via Everest Base Camp, we also explore the mystical Yamdrok Tso Lake, conquer a few high passes, and visit popular Tibetan monasteries like Sakya, Tashilhunpo, Shalu, Sera, Derpung and Rongbuk, the world’s highest monastery, all the while being surrounded by the magnetic allure of the Himalayas.
Kathmandu to Lhasa Tour via Everest Base Camp
Day 01Kathmandu to Kerung (3,550m)-123 kilometers/drive 6 hours:
Day 02Kerung to old Tingri (4,050m) -147 kilometers/drive 6 hours:
Day 03Old Tingri to Rongbuk (5,050m) - 85 kilometers/drive 2 hours - visit Everest Base Camp (5,250m):
Day 04Rongbuk to Xegar/Lhatse (4,050 M) - 245 kilometers/drive 7 hours:
Day 05Lhatse to Sakya & Natang Monastery to Shigatse (3,900m)- 185 kilometers/drive 5 hours:
Day 06Shigatse to Gyantse via Shalu Monastery (3,950m)-90 kilometers/drive 2 hours:
Day 07Gyantse to Lhasa (3,650m)-259 kilometers/drive 8hours
Day 08Lhasa Sightseeing Tour:
Day 09Lhasa Sightseeing Tour:
Day 10Final departure from Lhasa or extend your tour:
- Drop by a private coach from Kathmandu to Tibet boarder (Friendship Bridge).
- Comfortable van or bus with experienced driver during the tour.
- Tibet travel permit with all the road permits.
- Everest base camp permits.
- An English speaking Tibetan Local guide during the tour.
- Twin sharing hotel and guest house accommodations on bed and breakfast basis throughout the tour.
- Monasteries, Temples and palaces entry fees.
- Lhasa sightseeing with all entry permits.
- Transfer from Lhasa to Gonggor Airport.
- Fare well dinner and final transfer to International Airport.
- Tibet/Chinese Visa.
- Flight/train fares.
- Lunch, dinner, drinks, alcoholic beverages.
- Nepal visa and Nepal Re-entry visa.
- Travel insurance.
- Hotel and sightseeing in Kathmandu.