Cost for Kailash Overland Tour:
The trip cost will vary depending on the number of the persons in your group, trip duration and standard of services required. Please contact us or send us a quick inquiry with your details to obtain a quote for your own group. The price we have offered on our website is based on a group joining the tour.
Accommodation during the Trip
Twin sharing rooms (single rooms available for an additional cost) in a standard hotel in the heart of Kathmandu can be organized while in Nepal. In Tibet, very simple guest houses with shared rooms and basic toilet facilities (in case of heavy rush and emergency we do use tented camp as well) will be your accommodation.
Food during the Trip
All meals during the Kailash portion will be provided. Our staff will cook delicious vegetarian foods include soups, rice, noodles, bread, curry, dal (lentils), potatoes, pickles, porridge, tea, milk, coffee.
Transportation for Kailash Overland Tour
A Luxury bus or van will be your transportation throughout the tour. During the trek, we provide yaks to carry your personal gear. Extra yak, horse, and yak, horseman can be provided (for an additional cost).
Visa and Documentation
Clients must have a current passport with at least 6 months of validity remaining. We will take care of all the Tibet Travel permits, Tibet visa, and entry permit procedures, once we receive a copy of your passport and advance deposit.
Insurance Kailash Overland Journey
We recommend that all clients obtain proper medical and travel insurance prior to the trip. Make sure travel insurance includes emergency and rescue coverage.
Altitude is a major factor on Kailash overland tour We often reach altitudes of over 5000m. This can have mild or severe affects on the body no matter what your level of health. Symptoms can include headache, dizziness, nausea, loss of appetite, and difficulty sleeping. The best way to prevent this is to stay extremely hydrated and conscious of how your body is functioning. We also have rest days to help the body acclimatize. Diamox is a prescription altitude medication (consult your doctor) that can help prevent symptoms. We also carry oxygen tanks and portable altitude chambers. Be sure each of you is traveling on your own risk. It is recommended to have a file with your medical history on this type of trip with a recent medical report.
Although most of the trip will be done in vehicles, it is important that clients be in relatively good health. The Kora/trek around Kailash requires some demanding hiking and altitude can take a physical challenge on the body. We suggest you start an exercise routine prior to the trip that includes hiking or jogging for a least an hour 3-4 days a week. If you have any concerns about the physical demands of the trip feel free to contact us, please. If you have any chronic health problems please consult your doctor.
Personal Gear Kailash Overland Yatra
The following is a list of the personal gear required for the above tour. Some items might be available for rental in Kathmandu. Feel free to contact us if you have any questions about the gears.
List of Gears
- 1 large duffel bag or backpack (we provide each of you one duffel bag of Alpine Eco Trek)
- 1 small backpack or day pack
- 2 pair of warm synthetic or cotton pants
- 1 pair light hiking pants
- 2 pair long underwear tops and bottoms
- 1 fleece, wool jacket, pants
- 1 down jacket
- 1 Sleeping bag
- 1 set of light rain gear tops and bottoms
- 1 warm hat and 1 sun hat
- 6 pair of warm socks
- 1 pair comfortable waterproof hiking boots
- I pair comfortable shoes (for wearing around camp)
- 2 pair long sleeve cotton shirt
- 1 pair warm gloves or mittens
- 1 pair of sunglasses (100% UV protective)
- Sunscreen, lip salve (at least SPF 25)
- 1 silk or polyester scarf (to protect neck from the sun)
- 1 towel
- Water bottle 2 liters
- 1 flashlight (with extra batteries)
Towel, soap, shampoo, toothpaste, toothbrush, comb/brush, razor, shaving cream, women’s items, toilet paper, etc.
First Aid and Medical Kits
We provide basic 1st aid items but we highly recommend that please bring a well-stocked personal medical kit. The suggested items are below. Consult your doctor for all prescription medicine.
- 1. Band-aids, bandages, medical tape, Neosporin, and other wound dressings
- 2. Blister dressings, moleskin, spenco, 2nd skin
- 3. Cold and flu tablets, nasal decongestant
- 4. Antihistamine (for allergies)
- 5. Aspirin or ibuprofen
- 6. Imodium or Lomotil (anti-diarrhea)
- 7. Hydration powder
- 8. Throat lozenges, cough medicine
- 9. Small pair scissors, tweezers, thermometer
- 10. Antibiotics (consult a doctor)
- 11. Full supply of all current prescription medications.