Cho Oyu Expedition (8201m)
We organize the Cho Oyu expedition from the Nepal side. The name Mt. Cho Oyu is called 'Goddess of Turquoise'. As the goddess is 'chomo' in Tibetan language and turquoise is 'yu'. Hence, 'Chomo Yu' has changed into Cho Oyu in course of changing civilization generation after generation. It is also reported that Cho Oyu is also called 'Mighty Head' meaning 'god's head'. On clear weather, the view from the summit plateau of Cho Oyu is breathtaking. One can view the entire panorama of Everest, Lhotse, Nuptse, Chamlang, Ama Dablam and other peaks of the Khumbu.
Mt. Cho Oyu stands high above the Tibetan plains on the border of Nepal with its mighty height 8,201m above the sea level. The expedition is an ideal choice for mountaineers ready to test themselves on the eight thousanders. Mount Cho Oyu, the world's sixth-highest mountain was first to step onto the snow-dome summit were the Australians - S. Moechler, H. Tichy and P. Dawa Lama from Nepal in 1954. This majestic Himalaya is arguably the most technically straightforward, accessible and safe to climb. These days, there are more than four different routes on Cho Oyu with the Tibetan north side offering several worthy possibilities.
Day 01Arrive at Kathmandu airport, transfers to the selected hotel.
Day 02 - 3Rest and prepare day for assignment & briefing with sightseeing around Kathmandu valleys.
Day 04Fly from Kathmandu to Lukla(2840m), trek Phakding which takes about four hours.
Day 05Trek from Phakding to Namche Bazaar (3440m) which takes about six hours.
Day 06Rest day at Namche, explore surrounding.
Day 07Trek from Namche Bazaar to Dole (4110M) which takes about five hours
Day 08Trek from Dole to Machherma (4470m),which takes about five hours.
Day 09Rest day in Machherma for Acclimatization
Day 10Trek from Machherma to Gokyo (4790m), which takes about six hours.
Day 11Trek from Gokyo to Gyazumba Tsho Lake (4990m) which takes about five hours.
Day 12Trek from Gyazumba Tsho Lake to Cho-Oyu Base camp (5215m)
Day 13 - 39Climbing Period (summit Period Cho-Oyu from South Face)
Day 40Preparation to returning and trek to Gokyo Lake (4790m) which takes about five hours.
Day 41Trek from Gokyo to Luza (4360m), which takes about six hours.
Day 42Trek from Luza to Khumjung (3780m) which takes about five hours.
Day 43Trek from Khumjung to Monjo (2840m), which takes about six hours.
Day 44Trek from Monjo to Lukla (2800m) which takes about four hours.
Day 45Fly from Lukla to Kathmandu (35min).Transfer to selected Hotel.
Day 46Free day in Kathmandu, evening join farewell dinner with culture show.
Day 47Transfer to airport for final departure to your home.
- All necessary pick and drops as per the above program.
- Standard hotel accommodation in Kathmandu on a bed and breakfast basis.
- Domestic airfares as per the expedition itinerary.
- Peak summiteers climbing Sherpa (01 Sherpa: 02 climbers ratio)
- Group climbing gears like rope, ice bar, etc for the expedition.
- Expedition peak climbing permit and all government taxes.
- National part and conservation permit fee for the expedition.
- Full board high altitude meal while trekking to base camp and climbing top
- Liaison officer with all his expenses while on climbing expedition.
- Expedition Manager, Expedition cook, support crew and porters with their equipment, daily wages, food, insurance, etc.
- All camping gear including base camp tents, dining tent with table and chair, kitchen and toilet tent, etc
- Mountain Hardware high altitude tents while climbing the peak expedition
- Emergency Oxygen with regulator and mask while on the expedition.
- EPI gas and burner for the high climb.
- Gamow bag / Portable Altitude Chamber (PAC) All necessary climbing hardware group equipment
- Satellite Phone and Walkie-Talkie in case of emergency.
- Medical and personal high risk insurance
- Nepal entry visa fees
- Main meal in Kathmandu
- Personal equipment and climbing gears.
- International airfare and airport tax
- Climbing Bonus, tips and personal nature expenses.
- Applicable permit fees and custom charge for Sat phone, communication equipment and commercial filming while on peak expedition.
Cost for Cho Oyu Expedition
For up-to-date and competitive pricing, please contact us
Talk to Leader
Mr. Ram Kumar Adhikari