Bhote Koshi River Rafting
We offer 2 days rafting expedition in the Bhote Koshi River for both domestic and international rafters; Bhote Koshi River rafting is one of the amazing trips we have in Nepal. The short and adventure trip starts from Kathmandu with a scenic 3 hours drive to east part of Nepal. The drive following the Arniko highway which is main trade highway to Tibet as well takes us the wonderful Bhote Koshi River.
You are beginning to understand what this great trip in Nepal offers you nothing less than the ride of a lifetime. If you have never rafted before and if you have limited time but desire an adrenaline overload, then this is a perfect introductory trip package for you because of the Bhote Kosi is probably the most exciting short rafting trip in Nepal and best white water adventure in the world has been variously described as:
"Like a pin-ball Machine-and you’re the ball"
"Like being flushed down on open air toilet"
"Expedition River" etc.
With the adventure of Bhote Koshi you also get the chance to observe emerald green fields are terraced high above the river on precipitous slopes, curious villagers lining suspension bridges are amazed as we plunge through cascading waves and chutes of foam. Visiting an ancient culture, trek in the awe inspiring Himalayas and get a tan - yep the weather is sunny! We love the excitement of this trip and it really is the best available in whitewater fun. The rapids here are a solid class IV- V at high flow, and a more classic III at lower levels. This true adventure can be rafted between October and December and February and April.
- Grade for Autumn Oct – Dec 3 to 5
- Grade for Spring Feb – May 3 to 4
- Possible operation Autumn & Spring
- Departure Fix and on request
- Rafting days 02 days (Kathmandu to Kathmandu)
- Entrance by Drive 3 hours east to 95 km. from Kathmandu
- Put-in point Lomosangu- Dam
- Put-out point Dolalghat Bazaar
- River distance 20 km.
- Optional trips to Returned to Kathmandu
- Numbers of pax Minimum 2 persons
Day 01Lomosangu- Dam of the trip:
Day 02Back to Kathmandu:
- Ground Transportation.
- Meals, Western and continental food (breakfast, lunch, dinner) during your rafting trip.
- River Permit.
- Necessary equipment as high quality self-bailing rafts, lifejackets, helmets, plastic paddles, wetsuits (only during the winter) on certain rivers, dry bag for gear, camera barrels and all safety and medical equipment.
- Necessary Staffs (Guide, Helpers, Cook etc).
- Tented accommodation in beautiful river beach with camp fire.
- Safety Kayak.
- Food, accommodation, insurance for all staff and their transportation.
- Expedition elements include professional guides and leadership.
- First aid kid box.
- Mineral water, cold drinks and alcoholic beverages during the whole trip.
- Hotel accommodations & meals at if you stay anywhere at the hotel during whole trip.
- Emergency evacuation.
- Things of personal use.
- Member insurance.
- Private Transportation.
- International airport pick up drop (if you order we can arrange).
- All Airfare.
- Tips to Staffs.
- Sleeping bag.
Note: Rafting itinerary can be changed as per different situation.
Please bring: -
- Swim wears for on the river.
- Warm clothing for the evenings including a fleece or a pullover.
- Sunscreen and lip protector.
- Sunglasses (with retaining device) and/or a cap.
- Towel and Toiletries (environmentally friendly is best).
- Personal medication.
- Reading book.
- Fishing hook.
Talk to Leader
Mr. Ram Kumar Adhikari